Clean and simple packaging.
Is plastic pollution the new global warming? It might be too soon to say. But with microplastics finding their way into our oceans, marine life and even (horrifyingly enough) rainwater, it’s time to rethink everything about the way we live. That’s why we’ve made sure the packaging on our ēcōMD products is as natural and sustainable as our ingredients.
Scroll down to see
our unique eco-box
Our glass (instead of plastic) bottles cost more to make and ship and are more vulnerable to breakage, but they won’t end up in your tuna roll.
Our environmentally certified cardboard boxes, though nominally more expensive than conventionally bleached cardboard, take a far lower toll on the environment. And all our printing inks are vegetable based.
Our clean start in products called for an equally clean start in their packaging. We think your health and our planet are worth it, and trust you will agree.
Amber glass bottles
- Inert, so no harmful chemicals can leach into them
- UV protection
- No photo-oxidation
- Blue light protection
- Safe materials interaction
- Made from 100% recycled material
- 100% recyclable
100% carbon-neutral printing
Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
Products made with:
- FSC virgin (newly cut) wood and/or
- Recycled materials with controlled* virgin wood
(*wood with a low risk of unethical sourcing)
ZERO: Carbon-Neutral Printing
- Printing that neutralizes carbon footprint by investing in recognized renewable and clean tech projects
- Vegetable-based ink – 51% sustainable materials
- More info about the Zero program
Sunscreen ingredients such as oxybenzone and octinoxate damage coral reefs. A safer alternative, zinc oxide (mineral), is the medicinal ingredient in ēcōMD Clean Natural Daily Solar Defence SPF 30 sunscreen.
A study has found that some chemical sunscreens can cause abrupt and complete bleaching of corals.
Tested to be biodegradable and safe for the environment by the following:
- Tested for aerobic biodegradation of plastic materials in the presence of municipal sewage sludge
- Tested for aerobic biodegradation of plastic materials under controlled composting conditions
- Tested for anaerobic biodegradation of plastic materials under high-solids anaerobic digestion conditions
No Animal Testing
ēcōMD products are not tested on animals.